Monday, December 23, 2013

Progressive Dinner 2013

Some friends and I have been doing a progressive dinner for a few years now where we go to different houses for a three coarse meal. This year I volunteered to do the appetizers. I love to cook and I do not bake so appetizers was my thing. I can't take all the correct as I did have help, my friend Karen helped. I did do most of the cooking and she did the majority of the decorating. Team Work!I wish I would of taken my camera and gotten pictures of the other two houses that did dinner and dessert. You can see the house here where my sister in law Kassie did the dessert, she is quite the decorating and she can bake really good:)

Karen was quite proud of these photo booth props that she got on etsy



Easiest appetizer to make...ever!2 bags of meatballs, 1 jar of favorite spaghetti sauce. Combine ingredients in crock pot with a little water and cook on high for 8 hours on low.

I used my friend Christina recipe for this cheese ball. 1 pkg of cream cheese(softened)1 pkg ranch dressing seasoning mix, Lawry's Seasoned Pepper and crackers. Mix cream cheese with ranch packet and with a plastic wrap around hands shape into a ball or rectangle.Place on a serving platter, once shaped  sprinkle and cover with Lawry's seasoning.Refrigerate  until ready to serve with crackers.


The spinach cups didn't come out as we planned but they were still good.Karen had the idea to make them into cups of cutting them into slices cause for some reason that wasn't working out so well for me.  Here is the recipe that we intended to use.

Jalapeno Popper Dip is Yummy!There is numerous recipes on Pinterest but this is the recipe that I use.I always double the recipe to make the quantity larger.I think the recipe calls for fresh jalapenos but I always use jarred jalapenos.

Nothing like homemade salsa.  You can find the recipe on my blog.


Karen came us with this idea. "Build Ur Beans" Bean Dip. We made homemade bean dip(recipe on blog another time), canned beans work just as well. Pile on all the other toppings and enjoy!


Garlic Chicken Puffs. I didn't buy the right kind of crescent rolls so we made due with what we had...pie crust. The original recipe here.I did brush some homemade garlic butter on each of these that made them extra good!


I am so glad I bought these cute drink dispenser from Target.The punch was really good and everyone seemed to like it. Original recipe is here.





2 comments:

Christina said...

Food was good and decor really cute! You did great!

Kim said...

Thanks Christina! We tried:)