Friday, June 7, 2013

A Birth Story:Max Nolan

Let me first say that I love being a Mom to two little boys. Little girls are cute and yes they have super cute cloths but there is something about little boys. Miles and Max completely melt my heart! Also being the only girl in our little family can work to my advantage!

I ended being induced since I was close to my due date and I was making a little progress. The doctor was happy with how my body was preparing to give birth and so we went to the hospital on May 15th at 8:00 am. I wasn't really wanting to be induced since I had such a bad labor with Miles and induction makes for a very long hard labor. I was at a 3cm when I arrived at the hospital. They hooked me all up and started the pitocin. Giving it to me a little at a time. Weeks before I went into the hospital I was trying to mentally prepare myself for what contractions felt like. I never felt them with Miles but defiantly made up for it during the delievery part. There are really no words to describe what contractions feel like. My husband Lynn though helped me get through the pain. Though he couldn't do much to help me. Just him being there and letting me cry on him was plenty.



When Dr. Chu came in at noon to break my water, I think I was at 6cm at that point. She said that we should see Max probably about 6:00pm and then she left. The contractions got harder and stronger. I was waiting for as long as I could to get my epidural since with Miles it wore off when it was time for me to push. I had to wait for about a hour before the anthsteologist could give it to me because they were doing a c-section. I finally got my epidural and I kept waiting and waiting for it work. Nope.....so here he comes again giving me the full dose this time. He said that it should take about 15min for it to kick in. 20 minutes later, I kept telling my husband that it wasn't working. I went from being at 6cm to 10cm within minutes.My body just can't handle the medicine they give you for the epidural, so once again I had to give birth naturally.And in hindsight, I'm glad the epidural didn't work so good. Because I felt my son make his way into the world.



Here comes the nurses and the rest of the medical staff setting up the delivery room.There is something seeing the lights change and all the instruments laid out, knowing that at any moment your little love will make his appearance in the world. I remember them trying to keep him in me for as long as possible because Dr. Chu wasn't there yet but baby Max was ready to come and I was ready for him to come out. So in one strong push he was out and my wonderful nurses helped deliver Max. Max weighed 10lbs and 2oz. He was 22inches long. Big healthy baby boy!


It was love at first sight, just like his big brother. I was a little emotional when they let me hold him for the first time. Knowing all what God had brought my family through the last couple of years. Life is Good!

No comments: